Thursday, May 10, 2012

...Update!

Well... it's been a looooong time. Whoops! I got a little busy I guess...

Let's see... at the end of February I passed my ACE Personal Trainer Exam. :)

During March I continued to participate in the CrossFit Open. It was definitely challenging and had a great experience. I went to Louisville to celebrate my best friend's birthday and had a blast. Louisville can't handle us girls. Coco got attacked by two mean German Shepherds that their owner couldn't control. She ended up tearing out a lot of her hair due to irritation from the bites so she had to get shaved on her leg and underneath, wear a cone (not happy at all about that), take meds like crazy, and get anti-itch spray. :(
Poor pup!
We got to go on a mini vacation with a big group of friends to Gatlinburg. The place we stayed in was huge! It was categorized as a Luxury +. The mountains were amazing! Mike & I broke away from the group and went for a hike - Chimney Tops. It was pretty much 2 miles uphill but absolutely worth it! The view was spectacular!!! Of course the pictures are still on my camera otherwise I would post one.

In April I bought a pair of rollerblades! My first time ever on rollerblades. I thought I was going to die. I've gone skating a couple times at the park and am getting the hang of it. Once the rest of the girls get their blades we're going to make it a more frequent activity. :) Super fun! And scary! I started training at LA Fitness in Crescent Springs, KY and so far I like it. I'm training Tuesdays & Thursdays after working all day. It ends up being a long day, but the time at the gym goes by quickly. I also put my friends through some workouts to help get them in shape for summer. I ran (in the cold and rain) with my two friends as they were training for the Flying Pig Half Marathon. I was pleasantly surprised I could walk the next day considering how far we ran and that I hadn't been running as much as they were. My ex-aunt, Patricia Gligor, released her first novel, "Mixed Messages." I'm so proud of her for accomplishing this great goal she set for herself!!! At the end of April I decided to participate in the Under Armour What's Beautiful competition. My goal: I WILL... Increase muscle definition (including killer abs) & reduce my body fat to ~15% by eating clean & working hard. I've got my work cut out for me... but will give it my all. :) I still have to post a video so I can move on and see what little challenges they want me to complete.

May started out great with Mike's 33rd birthday! He took off work and spent all day doing whatever he wanted which included smoking a pork butt. The pulled pork sandwiches and mac & cheese were delicious!  Last weekend we went on a little road trip to Pittsburgh for a family wedding. It was a good but very quick trip & I'm so happy for Matt & Heather. To help reach my goal for the UA competition mentioned above, this Tuesday & Wednesday I did two workouts - one CrossFit workout in the morning before work & another workout in the evening at home. I won't lie... I'm kinda sore. But the best goals aren't normally easy to achieve. :) There's still a lot of May left and I'm already thinking of the busy weekend ahead of me...

Oh... and I'm still on the hunt for a new blog name. Nothing is popping out though.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun and working hard.
    I'll be thinking about a possible name for your blog. I love alliteration. Liz's L----. Something that starts with an "L" is what I'd like to see.

    ReplyDelete