Monday, May 14, 2012

...I'll be okay

This morning was my last workout at Cincinnati Strength & Conditioning (CrossFit Nasti). I knew it was coming and Mike & I made the official decision on Saturday. We have some financial goals to take care of and the money will assist tremendously in us reaching those goals much sooner than projected. My first day at CSC was 5/10/11, the week after I ran my first race & half marathon. Everyone I've met there is amazing. It's crazy. It's not just a gym. It's like I became part of a family... one that I spend more time with than my real family. ;) I've learned a lot about fitness, health, and myself. I'll miss everyone tremendously but hopefully see them now and then until I return. And when I go back, Mike will be joining me. :) I've already cried 3 times this morning over this... and I'm sure the count will go up as the day progresses. You know you've found something wonderful if you cry (at the gym, in the car, at work) over leaving a gym. Because like I said, it's not just a gym.


3 comments:

  1. Awww Liz... I wish you the best of luck. Leaving CSC was literally one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. The people there are family and it is something special. I hope you hit all of your financial goals, and I am sure you'll put that ACE CPT credential to stay in shape in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. You know that just because you don't see family everyday that doesn't mean they aren't still there. We will miss you daily and look forward to your visits. You will be invited to events, of course and we hope you will come. :) Plus, I work downstairs from you. Perhaps some walks to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A loss is a loss, no matter what it is, and it's natural and healthy to mourn that loss. And then, to move on.

    ReplyDelete